Passport In My Pocket, Tricks Up My Sleeves


In the past when packing for my visits to Ireland I tried to pack somewhat thoughtfully--dresses I could wear in 2 or 3 styles with accessories and layers that also mixed with everything else. I followed my own basic packing tips developed over the years from frequent travels and awkward moves that left you living out of a suitcase for a few months. This time however I threw most of that out the window and just took clothes I wanted to wear without regard for how well they looked with other pieces or even if I could wear them in a different style. It's easier in summer of course, you have more space in your suitcase for a variety of dresses and don't have to worry as much about layers and heavy coats, but even so it was nice to pack for fun instead of practicality for once. When I pack this way I feel less like a tourist in Northern Ireland because I'm wearing clothes I'd easily wear back home rather than clothes I know are sensible. More at home in my clothes I feel more at home being here.
Also, thank you to everyone who has left their congratulations and well wishes; it's quite overwhelming and wonderful to have so many people be excited for you. I'm in love with Thomas and my ring and excited to start planning for the future, but I'll try to keep the ring spam and wedding nonsense to a reasonable level because after all the wedding is only one day of my life and not everyone needs to see a close-up of my ring on a daily basis. Still, it's nice to have friends (online and otherwise) to share these moments with--even if sometimes they're just politely nodding while you babble on about guys, dresses, and flower crowns.

Outfit details:
vintage cardigan
ASOS dress (old)
Seychelles flats
*pictures by Thomas



CONVERSATION

Back
to top